9.24.2009

40/40, Brian, and the Imperial March

I received a “40 under 40” award today from the Cincinnati Business Courier. It was a great event and I was honored to be included with many impressive people.

The organizers asked each honoree “what song inspires you?” They told us the song would play in the background as you walked up to receive your award. I immediately knew the song I wanted, but thought the audience might not respond to my unique tastes. I asked Susan, my Dad, and my Mom separately “which song should I use?” ALL of them said “Darth Vader’s theme" without any prompting. Susan clinched it and said; “what would Brian do? You know Brian would totally tell you to do it!”

“The Imperial March” by John Williams played when I walked up to the podium to get my award.

It killed.

The audience of about 400 people loved it. I had a smile on my face and thought of Brian sitting next to my parents and Susan around the table. He was smiling at me and doing the patented “McCormick head nod.”

Click the link below and feel how Brian was with us today in spirit (force?) through Darth Vader:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8

Love you and miss you Brian.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh yes, brings back the good memory of Brian putting Darth Vader (I think) in the back of your Christmas photo, Matt. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Matt! I'm certain Brian is proud of you.

    Did someone videotape the ceremony by chance?

    ReplyDelete