2.24.2010

"May God continue to use the generosity of Brian’s legacy to change lives in the same way you have changed mine."

What a great belated Christmas gift!  It appears the gift was received in December and the thank you note was delayed.  Letters like these define why Brian’s fund exists.  You know God has some serious plans for this young lady.

Dear McCormick Family:

May apologies for the tardiness of this note. I found it between the seats in my car. I thought I had mailed it with some other things. While, these sentiments are very much delayed, I assure you that they are still accurate and sincere. Your blessing is very much alive and will be in my heart and my prayers.

Sincerely,

Name withheld

Dear McCormick Family:

Merry Christmas! I hope that this card finds you well and anticipating a joyful holiday season. Thank you so much for a very unexpected gift from Xavier’s McCormick Memorial Fund. My family is referring to your gift as “my Christmas miracle” and there has never been a truer statement.

I look forward to the day when God allows me to express my gratitude by “paying it forward” by being a blessing to someone else to the same magnitude that you have blessed me. Your gift has enabled me to pay rent and buy Christmas presents for my brother and sister.

May God continue to use the generosity of Brian’s legacy to change lives in the same way you have changed mine.

My sincerest gratitude,

Name withheld

No comments:

Post a Comment