5.05.2011

"Helping others in honor of your brother’s memory"

Dear Mr. McCormick:

I am writing this to thank you for all you have done. My name is ____ ______ and I am a first year at Xavier University. My family has been having financial issues lately and I feared I would not be able to continue going here. It is thanks to the money you have donated that I have a chance here. Thank you so very much.

Mr. Schiess informed me of the tragedy that happened to your family and I am truly sorry for your loss. However, I admire you for wanting to keep going and helping others in honor of your brother’s memory. You are a great man.

Sincerely,
Name withheld

** You are most welcome.  Though we have donated funds, a large amount of Brian's memorial fund comes from the generous donations of his friends, family and the Xavier Nation.  I do not feel I am a "great man" - however, I do appreciate the compliment!  The McCormicks' are just trying to implement Brian's dream to help XU student's in financial distress.  None of us are "great".  Though, Brian's idea is.  That is why we are "helping others in honor of your brother's memory" and that is why you are still at Xavier. Best wishes, MM ** 

No comments:

Post a Comment