7.24.2008

Pete Rose & The Kentucky Speedway

When I was a marketing coordinator with Firstar Bank / US Bank circa 1999, one of my sponsorships was of the new Kentucky Speedway. My job was to act as sponsor liaison and talk shop with all our vendors in our US Bank VIP Box... literal translation: invite Brian to the Speedway VIP Box to drink and each as much as we could. The Box has our own open bar, personal bartender, top-notch catered food, and the best centered view of the track. I received two to four ALL ACCESS passes for every race which allowed us to travel anywhere we wanted. When we heard Pete Rose was in the house we slipped through security and onto the track to get his autograph. Not that we really wanted it, but the fact that 30k people didn't have access made it all worthwhile.

Brian was always my wing-man and I miss him like crazy.

Click on the picture to enlarge it.

Photobucket