4.06.2012

RIP Adam Dittman


















Brian and I played Rugby with Adam Dittman (second row, dark hair, kneeling, fourth from right).  He was a 1995 graduate of Xavier and passed away at age 39 on March 28, 2012. 

He was a great guy, well liked by everybody and was fun to be around. Built like a Mack truck and could hit like a ton of bricks. Really fast too. Unlike most rugby players, Adam was very smart! Adam was always the guy who you missed seeing, wanted to catch up with and was everybody's friend. I never heard anyone say a bad word about him - ever.

My guess is he and my brother Brian are at the The Woods right now catching up, rehashing rugby stories and telling lies.  I also know we don't get a vote on the death of our loved ones or friends. Sometimes, there are no answers.

Please honor Adam and your loved ones by remembering the times they made you smile, laugh or proud that they considered you a friend.

Rest easy my friend and EAT DOUGHNUTS!

1 comment:

  1. This painful of a loss is new to me as our family has been fortunate to have only lost Grandparents in their late 80's and 90's. It has only been a few weeks and I found myself having a very difficult day. I found your post about Adam through an internet search and spent the next hour reading about your brother Brian. Thank you for your kind words and memories of my brother Adam. If you ever have any stories, memories, thoughts, or advice about surviving the pain of the loss of a brother, please fell free to contact me at e-mail: dedittman@aol.com. I agree, they are both beside all of us helping us through the day. Darin Dittman

    ReplyDelete