12.09.2012

The Lord of the Dance


I heard some of the “Lord of the Dance” music this week.  It made me remember the time Brian got us tickets for my mom’s birthday.  The event was after Christmas and my mom, Brian, Susan and I attended.  As usual, Brian got us great seats at the US Bank Arena.  We actually sat in the penalty box for the Cincinnati Cyclones and were only a few rows from the stage.  My mom enjoyed it and cried as usual.  We had a good time. 

The funniest thing in my memory was Brian coming back from the restroom and had one beer in each hand.  As I was taking a pull I noticed that we were the only people in the entire stadium drinking beer watching Lord of the Dance.  I mean, only Brian would find the one guy selling beer (or, did he steal it?) and have no problem brazeningly drinking it in front of the entire stadium.  He was famous (infamous?) for pulling these kinds of stunts. 
I also remembered Brian would occasionly dance like an Irish dancer.   He was absolutely terrible.   (I think there is even a picture out there of him wearing a kilt from a Xavier party!)  That did not stop him from doing the Irish jig at parties and once at our Cousin Jennifer’s wedding in New York to House of Pain’s “Jump Around.”  God, he was awful.  But, it did not stop him from getting his Irish on!

2 comments:

  1. I disagree with your assessment. Although lacking in the rhythm department, he more than made up for it with his enthusiasm and conviction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with your assessment. Although lacking in the rhythm department, he more than made up for it with his enthusiasm and conviction.

    ReplyDelete