1.27.2009

"I don't high-five."

I just had a moment that made me think of Brian and of course, start laughing. The guy sitting next to me at work just tried to high-five me. The reason does not matter but his arm was raised and he held it there, waiting for me to smack his hand with mine. However, I just looked at him and said “I don’t high-five” and went back to work on my computer. The look on the guys’ face was absolutely priceless. This might seem mean or even juvenile, and I would have to agree, but I know Brian is somewhere laughing.

Growing up, I always thought high-fiving was a normal thing for people to do to celebrate a victory, no matter how minor or insignificant. Brian was anything but normal so whenever I went to give him a high-five he would just say “I don’t high-five” and I’d be stuck with my arm raised in the air, looking like an idiot giving a Nazi salute. I always though this was hilarious and it made Brian one of those people that you’ll always remember. So if you are ever so inclined, whenever someone raises their hands in celebration and expects something from you in return, you can smile and tell them “I don’t high-five,” in honor of Brian.

3 comments:

  1. I do it daily!!!! but i'm a dick anyway. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian was such a tool about this. He wouldn't even high five his nephew Patrick! Sometimes he would give you the rock - but he thought that was weak as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian was wrong! High-fives rule! However I will always remember, and laugh, at his insistence to the contrary.

    ReplyDelete