11.02.2010

My Brother Bobby & Halloween

If you knew Brian at all, and it's safe to assume you do because you're reading his blog, then you knew his sense of humor was absolutely wicked. When Brian would tell a joke he observed no boundaries and no level of taste. And more often than not each joke began with looking over your shoulder.

What I'm about to tell you is Brian's "special joke" that he cooked up and brought me in on as his accomplice while we were seniors at Xavier. The name of this joke is called "My Brother Bobby" and after several successful trial runs back and forth we ironed out each others parts and we drunkenly debuted it late Halloween night in 1996to Jen Ohl and another girl named Cecily in the back of Jen's Toyota Camry.

This joke is seriously crass so stop reading now if you're easily offended. Ok then. This is how it went down...

Brian: You know, Halloween really makes me miss my younger brother, Bobby.
Craig: Aww, Brian! You never talk about Bobby anymore so how is he?
Brian: Oh, he's doing pretty good. He's been busy lately with a lot of arts & crafts, but he always takes time to write me a letter each week so that makes me happy.
Cecily: That is so sweet! Brian, I never knew you had a younger brother.
Jen: I thought Matt was your only brother?
Brian: Well I don't talk about him too much because sometimes I just get too embarrassed.
Cecily: Why would you ever be embarrassed of your brother? Is he in jail or something?
Craig: No, he's not in jail. He's just special is all.
Cecily: That is nothing to be embarrassed of!
Brian: I know. I know. Well he wrote me a really fun letter this week and it made me smile so that's cool. Do you want to hear what he wrote me?
Cecily: Yes!
Jen: Definitely.
Brian: - Brian launches into a crazy voice of a disabled kid and pretends to read aloud a fake letter about how he misses Brian and can't wait until Thanksgiving.

I'm literally crying with laughter at this point, not believing we went through with it, and worst of all, we stupidly told it to two of the hotter girls we knew!

I look over at Cecily who is just staring at Brian. The whole car gets quiet. then Cecily looks over at Brian with these beautiful blue, glassy eyes and says "that is the most special thing ever. I have a brother who has down-syndrome too and his love is so important to me."

Brian and I just look at each other, stunned.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome craig, I totally forgot about Brian's brother bobby.

    ReplyDelete