10.09.2011

3 1/2 years

We lost Brian three and a half years ago today.  It still doesn’t seem real or fair.  Our lives have changed, yet Brian is still not with us.  I think about him almost constantly.  Wishing he could be with us watching Patrick play football or Caroline play soccer.  Though I cannot see him, I feel that he is aware of what is going on in our lives and trying to help all of us. 

I remember us laughing at stupid stuff, hilarious antics/posts on the Xavier basketball boards or just laughing in general.  Brian said one phrase that makes Susan and me still laugh out loud.  I don’t know how he came up with it, but only Brian could use it effectively.  Once I was giving him some guff.  Brian looked at me, paused and then said in a matter of fact way “quit sweating my flava.”  (Justin:  “flava” equals “flavor.”)   I laughed out loud at his remark and then Brian did too.  My guess is he heard that phrase a while back and waited weeks for the most appropriate time to use it. 

That is what I always come back to with Brian.  He loved to laugh and have fun.  He had a great laugh too.  That is what I am thinking about today because God knows Brian did (and told us) 1,000 things that made us all laugh out loud with – and at – Brian. 

Smile today and don’t sweat anyone’s flava!

No comments:

Post a Comment