10.06.2011

A Christmas Story


This past weekend I visited a friend staying in Cleveland and fulfilled a long-time wish. Not knowing many activities on a Sunday in Cleveland beyond watching the Browns, or going to the Great Lake Brewery that is closed on Sundays, we decided to head to A Christmas Story house.

As anyone who remotely knew Brian can tell you, the Christmas Story played a prominent role in holiday activities. While going on the tour we went through the kitchen and people were taking pictures of themselves mimicking the activities from the movie. I got my picture taken holding the Red Rider BB gun and fondling the leg lamp.


Then I saw the kitchen sink and immediately thought of Randy crying underneath it believing that Ralphie would be killed by his Dad when he got home because Ralphie was caught swearing while beating the crap out of Scott Farkus. I was presssured by my friend and girlfriend to reenact Randy underneath the sink but I resisted because I'm technically an adult and I didn't feel like demeaning myself. Then my girlfriend said to me "What would Brian do?" After that I knew I had no choice.


Love and miss you Brian.

2 comments:

  1. Justin: Great post! I am jealous. Brian would have made you get under the sink, stole the leg lamp, got caught and them blame you (or tell the cops your name!) Thanks for making my day. Matt

    ReplyDelete